Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I'm sitting! I'm really sitting!


2401
Originally uploaded by honig.
Here is our lovely wee man yesterday on his 6th month (1/2) birthday! It's hard to believe that he is 6 months old already, but I have heard if I blink for too long that all of a sudden he'll be 16!

Callum got a few vaccinations yesterday and he was really brave about the whole thing. He only cried for a very short time and then glared at Dr. Lemke, being the 'bad' man that he is of course he deserved the look.

Rice cereal was on the menu yesterday for Callum. He had a whole teaspoon and a half! Normally he will drink about 4 oz. of formula and then he's done, but last night he had his rice cereal as well as 8oz. of formula! Before anyone asks me, no, that did not mean he slept through the night. Out of sheer habit he woke up at 2 a.m....

I had taken a picture of the momentous occasion of feeding Callum rice cereal, but of course something went wrong when I uploaded the images to the computer and now they are lost forever - poo!

Here are Callum's current measurements:

Weight: 8.06 kg = 17 lbs. 12.5 oz.
Length: 69 cm = 27.16 inches
Head size: 45.5 cm = 17.91 inches

In comparison to other babies, he is just fine in the weight category (50th percentile), he's tall and he's got a big ol' head (full of brains of course)!

Dr. Lemke seems to think Callum is going to go straight to walking and leaving crawling behind in the dust, but only time will tell. He came to this conclusion because Callum wants to stand so much and practise walking, whereas practising crawling leads to tears. We are going to introduce a sippy cup soon because Callum is always grabbing at our (drinking) glasses, we'll see how that goes. I made the distinction between glasses because he is also fancying people's eye glasses in a big way.

The latest and greatest for Callum's entertainment is definitely the Jumperoo. Even when he is out of the Jumperoo he gives me a workout wanting to bounce all of the time. As I found out last night, that does not mean the tub is out of bounds for bouncing...it was quite the bath!

We can see Callum's personality starting to form now and it's very exciting!

As for Mummy, I cut off all my hair and as soon as I get a decent picture of myself (may be never...) I will show you the new me.

Over and out.

No comments: