Wednesday, December 10, 2008

As if the earlier post wasn't enough!

I swear wee man was wanting something even more spectacular written about him than was already just said. No more than an hour after my last post I was getting Callum ready for his nap. Now, this may be t.m.i. for some of you, but he normally poops himself during his nap time. He's been doing this for as long as I can remember. This is one of the reasons why it's been so difficult to help him go to the potty because he'll just keep holding it until nap time or bed time.

Today I could tell something was different. How? I have no clue. Honestly. I guess it's just because I know him so well. Yesterday he coveted a yellow school bus, the one I mentioned earlier. When he sat down on the potty for his pre-nap pee, I mentioned casually that if he tried to have a poo on the potty, I'd make sure to reiterate his love for the school bus to Santa. He looked very carefully at me and then asked me to leave the room. As I was leaving he got off the toilet and pulled out his little potty. When I turned around to see what he was doing he asked me to leave, again. I laughed a bit and walked out, only to be followed by a little voice asking me to close the door. I closed the door.

I checked in a couple of times and he kept asking me to leave. He was busy sitting on his potty, reading his book about going to the potty! Too cute. Callum was in there for so long that I went, brushed my teeth, had a shower and got dressed. When I returned, the door was open. He was standing in the bathroom, blushing and pointed at the potty. Yep, you guessed it - he pooped! Needless to say, pure chaos of love ensued.

I'm so proud of our wee man. I really hope this is the start of a new chapter for us. This was all on his own terms, so hopefully he's just decided he's ready.

Love you wee man! I'm so very, very proud of you!!!!

Mummy.
xo

No comments: