Saturday, July 30, 2005

Motley Crue

Last night was our toadlette's first 'heavy metal' show; we went to see Motley Crue at the Coliseum. Yes, that's right, I went to a Motley Crue show. When I was a 'tween (almost a teen) I loved Motley Crue, probably because I knew my parents wouldn't like it!

The show was a sold out event and the crowd was very diverse. Your typical guys with mullets, tarty old women who used to be cool 'back in the day' and every other type of person you could imagine. This was definitely a nostaglia tour for most people. The stage performance was really great but I wasn't familiar with all of the songs and that makes it difficult to enjoy a rock show sometimes. One of the great things in seeing a heavy band live (no, I'm not making a slight on Vince Neil's avoir du poids) is being able to sing along.

Nonetheless, our little apple-sized baby has gone to a rock show and not just any rock show, Motley Crue's (expected) last tour. Who knows, maybe when it's a teenager it can brag to it's friends!

No comments: