Sunday, September 25, 2005

Pants, or trousers, depending on where you live.

I have been wearing the same pants every day for the past two months (see why it's important to acknowledge our worldly terminology?). I have been trying not to spend much dosh on maternity clothes because it just seems so pointless. On top of the fact that most of the clothes are hideous, I just can't imagine wanting a wardrobe full of preggie clothing...at least I felt that way until I discovered a store called Motherhood Maternity.

Yesterday Lisa and I were on a mission. See, Lisa and Perry are engaged now (congratulations!), so we wanted to go on a bit of a shop for wedding dresses. After quite a successful trip to the sea of crinoline, we headed off to look at baby stuff and maternity clothes.

Thyme was the first stop for large pants with short legs. See, I'm 5'7" but I seem to be all torso. I actually have to wear pants made for petite women. For those of you who don't know what constitutes a petite cut, it's someone who is 5'4" and under! I felt pretty sad that the only person I would ever leg-double for would be a chubby 12-year old, but life goes on. I was trying on 'regular' leg length pants and it didn't even look like I had feet; the pants covered my entire foot! I snapped up Thyme's only pair on petite length pants and was thrilled to bits.

Motherhood Maternity (in Coquitlam Centre) hit me like a tonne of bricks. There were clothes galore that didn't look like maternity outfits. I went crazy trying on half the store and ended up leaving with an armload of skirts, a dress, a top and maternity nylons. I was surprised to find that maternity nylons exist, but I guess it makes sense. I fear taking them out of the package as they may attack me...I'm assuming they are huge!

The good news is, after a difficult week of a sore back and feeling dumpy and ugly, I am feeling good again. I know some of you don't care about shopping and clothes and I respect that, but for me, I love it all!

I even got some comfortable shoes for future shopping excursions :)

- Allison, future Mum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you watched Yummy Mummy yet? Its on Life Network (if you get that channel) and its hosted by that Erika chick who used to be an MTV VJ back in the 80s. Anyway, she does Mummy fashion shows, and tips on how to bring out your inner bombshell, and really cool parenting tips, etc. Check it out if you ever get the chance!

http://www.lifenetwork.ca/tv/shows/titledetails/title_89059.asp

Anonymous said...

That chubby 12 year old would have a hot pair of legs. For sure, that.

Linds said...

Shopping is good.

Aw crap. I just sounded like a bay commercial.

Glad to know you're doing well, sweets.