Thursday, November 10, 2005

It's been a while.

Well folks, a lot has happened over the past 5 weeks.

My Mom came to save the day and help out with the phenomenal number of tasks that need done before I get too big and just say 'forget it'! We were really busy while she was here and unfortunately the time just flew by and now she's gone...

I'll tell you one thing that I know inside and out (as does my Mom) is anything you want to know about strollers. I had an easier time choosing a car than I did buying a stroller! So, if anyone out there needs some advice, just ask! Thanks for all of your help Mom, I couldn't have done it without you :)

Lisa and my Mom snuck around quite a bit in the recent past so that they could throw me a really fun baby shower! It was quite early as far as baby showers go, but that was because they really wanted to include my Mom. All sorts of gals came out for the fun and I feel really lucky - thanks guys.

I am now at 28 weeks and growing. My third trimester officially started this week which means I am in the last stagest of babydome. Yes, I am still terrified!

I feel as though I have even eaten an extra spicy curry on a daily basis right now, what with all of the swirling going on in my tummy. See, he's moving around like a breakdancer who's practising poppin' and lockin'. This usually comes at the most convenient time - bedtime. There have been a few kicking moments as well, but apparently more of that will come later when I don't have enough room for him to lay out his cardboard and dance.

Saw the coolest car for him the other day, it was a vintage kids peddle car that was a hot rod, black with flames painted up the sides. Why didn't I buy it? $250 should tell you why. I just pictured this tres cool wee boy with little jeans rolled up, white t-shirt with his wee Popeye candy sticks rolled into his sleeve, etc. He would be a chick magnet for sure!

I keep wondering what and who he will be like. Until he has matured enough to make decisions for himself, I am going to run amuck. Punk one day, mod the next, cyber-clad lad tomorrow, etc. I think the scariest and most shocking thing would be if he turned out totally normal, in the boring mainstream societal way. Will he rebel against his parents and decide that classic music and trousers are favoured over psychobilly and Doc Marten's? I suppose only time will tell.

As I was listening to Astrud Gilberto on my way home I was picturing martini parties with dancing and laughter, while our wee'un soaked the atmosphere in. Would he one day recall those memories to friends who were bocking about their parents who were so boring? Will we be 'cool' parents, or the parents who think they're cool, but fail miserably - ack!

Bring it on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You still need to post a picture of you and your belly! I imagine you're huge, but too small to see from Ontario!

Less than three months to go, I suppose you have the waddle down pat by now.

Good Luck,

A