Monday, August 22, 2005

Camping trip.

Along with Lisa, Raisin and Peanut (the dogs) we set up two tents with the grace that one would expect from two inexperienced gals. Now don't get me wrong, we have been camping many times but normally the guys set the tents up for us. Last year Lisa and I decided to take a day off of work to head up to the campground before the guys. It was going to be our time to shine and have the campsite perfect for when the guys showed up after work. Unfortunately things didn't work out how we hoped last year. In fact, things went so wrong that we ended up in our little Civic with Raisin with the interior light on, tents half set up, waiting in the dark "where it was safe" until one of them showed up. This year was the redeeming year. We had both tents set up, despite the difficulty in pegging down the fly because of the rocky ground.

We must have looked quite funny struggling with the tent that was taller than either one of us. Lisa stood on her tiptoes while I tried to hold the poles - good times! I had requested a new tent this year because I didn't want to be lying down or half-humped over while trying to do anything in the tent. I figure I'm pregnant and I really thought it was a fair request, thus it was obliged. We also got a new swanky air mattress that has built-in pillows - very cool. I know it sounds a bit less like camping as I go on, but in my mind, it is camping. No, we didn't play sherpa and lug all of our goods on our backs for 10 kilometres, but it is still satisfying. In fact, this year we got a waterfront site and it was gorgeous!

Lisa and I floated around in our inflatable Homer Simpson chairs and bobbed around in our life jackets. The guys went around the lake in the dingy, holding the newest toy, the GPS device. It's quite scary how many satellites there are out there. Only the shadow knows how many...boohaahaa! Sorry, I have been listening to the Shadow on 101.1 on Sunday nights - I love radio stories.

I seem to be in a really good stage of pregnancy now. I am at 17 weeks and am feeling really great, although I can't complain about my experience thus far because it's been really great and my body has been very good to me. My days spent hove off on the floor asleep are over, my headaches are few and far between and I generally feel good. The cool thing is, I bought a pair of "early to mid-term" pregnancy pants and they are like wearing pajamas! I don't even have to do up buttons or zip a zipper, they just pull on. How am I going to go back to the slave labour of regular pants when all of this is over?!

I appreciate all of the suggestions about the what to drink (said in a Southern American drawl) issue I proposed earlier. I am going to try out the drinks suggested and let you know how they fair up.

C-I-A-B-A-double T-A
Peace out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I hear you on the pant situation. When I started riding a skateboard (way) back in the day, I had to make the switch to skate shorts 'cause you can't jump in nuggers.

I got spoiled by the fat pant feeling, and now if I can't do the helicopter dance in 'em, I don't wanna wear 'em.

Linds said...

Ah but Mizz Allison! Your bum, she needs snug jeans. *giggles* Do not forsake the jeans after babydom.