Monday, August 08, 2005

Cheese bread!

For approximately a month and a half now I have been craving white bread with chunks of cheddar cheese in it. I remember ages ago having it from Safeway, or so I thought. I must have searched several grocery stores, bakeries and anywhere else I passed that sold bread...nothing, until today. I stopped into the 'new' Safeway on my way home and lo and behold, there it was! I had just finished telling Lisa that I was soon going to have to commission someone to make this bread for me or I was going to go crazy. As soon as I got home I munched away on a few slices and now the craving is gone - woo hoo!

This morning I went to see Dr. Lemke for a full physical. For those women reading this, you know what a horribly embarrassing situation this can be. I was welcomed into the Doctor's office with the big smiles that I normally am...and the urine sample cup. I was frantically drinking water on my way to the office because I feared I wouldn't be able to 'go'. Next I got weighed...I wasn't best pleased with the number! I knew I was going to get ushered into the exam room soon and I managed to break a sweat in a highly air-conditioned office!

I had to put on a paper gown and "...try to relax" while I waited for Dr. Lemke. By the time he got in the exam room I was drenched with sweat. I had worked myself up to the point where I thought I was going to pass out, all for the sake of not wanting a Pap test - again, what a dork! As Dr. Lemke was giving me a breast exam he decided to ask me whether or not I would be breast feeding. I still don't know if I'm going to because I have some reservations about it. See, I'm having a hard time getting past the fact that my (and most women's) breasts have been looked upon as sexual objects since they started budding. Now all of a sudden I'm supposed to say, "Okay, it's time for dinner" and whip out my breast like it's a food source. I found it very difficult to explain this to him as he was kneading away at my breasts...

My blood pressure is spot on, so that's good. I heard the baby's heartbeat again, this time it was much easier to find than before. I guess because the baby is quite a bit bigger than last time; again it was a strong beat. I am 15 weeks now and I am still feeling really good, I hope this continues for the duration of the pregnancy.

There are three of us in the same proximity in the office that are all pregnant now, so all of the single gals are afraid to come over to talk...just in case it's contagious!

McKinnon out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linds said...

Lougheed mall safeway makes "Chunky Cheese Bread" All you have to do is call in and order it in advance.

The bonuses of working for safeway for so long.